We had a super week celebrating book week with visiting author, Tad Hills, visiting singer, Courtney
Campbell, book swap and book character dress-up day. We also had mini academy on Tuesday.
Thank you to all the parents who volunteered to make this a successful event. Thank you to Cayli's mum
also for sharing Cayli's birthday treats and getting parents to volunteer for mini academy.
Campbell, book swap and book character dress-up day. We also had mini academy on Tuesday.
Thank you to all the parents who volunteered to make this a successful event. Thank you to Cayli's mum
also for sharing Cayli's birthday treats and getting parents to volunteer for mini academy.
Language Arts
Students have been busy preparing for their student led conferences. A lot of time was spent on
reflecting on their glow (what they are good at) and grow (what they want to better at). Students
continued reading the healthy choices topic that they want to write about. This is part of their research
for the non-fiction book writing. Students have completed their mind map and table of contents planning
for this. There is also the Slice of Writing option that students can choose to do at home as their home
learning. Please refer to the email that I sent earlier.
reflecting on their glow (what they are good at) and grow (what they want to better at). Students
continued reading the healthy choices topic that they want to write about. This is part of their research
for the non-fiction book writing. Students have completed their mind map and table of contents planning
for this. There is also the Slice of Writing option that students can choose to do at home as their home
learning. Please refer to the email that I sent earlier.
Math Workshop
Students refreshed their memories on place values and base ten blocks. This week, they also reviewed
strategies to add two addends. Then they added 4 addends using transition words strategy
such as first I added .....then I added....after that I added....finally I got.....Students also looked at
the most efficient way to add multiple addends by making 10 and adding doubles. They then learned
to add and subtract multiples of 100.
strategies to add two addends. Then they added 4 addends using transition words strategy
such as first I added .....then I added....after that I added....finally I got.....Students also looked at
the most efficient way to add multiple addends by making 10 and adding doubles. They then learned
to add and subtract multiples of 100.
Science
This week, students were introduced to 2 types of exercises, namely cardio and flexibility. They learned
what these are good for and some examples of these exercises. Students then practiced to do at least
3 of each exercise for 3 minutes. They realised that 3 minutes is a long time!
what these are good for and some examples of these exercises. Students then practiced to do at least
3 of each exercise for 3 minutes. They realised that 3 minutes is a long time!
Important Dates
Tuesday 6 March - Parent Reading Workshop at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday 7 and 8 March - Student Led Conferences. Please bring your child to school
at the scheduled time.
at the scheduled time.
Dinner Questions
1 - What healthy choices topic are you writing about? Why?
2 - Can you retell a non-fiction book that you have read?
3 - What is your favourite kind of exercise? Why
No comments:
Post a Comment